5.09.2010

May Sweeps Tributes

It happens 4 times a year, Nielsen sweeps (where Nielsen tallies paper diaries, aka: People Meters, to get a more “thorough” measure of who is watching what). With the upfronts, May is an especially important month for the TV industry. This is where Networks announce their schedule for the 2010-11 TV season, and pre-sell advertising spots.

For my Flickr 365 Days project, decided to shoot a series of TV show features in honor of May sweeps . I'm not a Nielsen, so my vote doesn't count. But I'll let my vote known.

To kick it off, I chose a show that might come as a surprise to many of you. Smallville definitely surprised me last year, that is for sure. I lost interest in it sometime during season 3, found the “freak of the week” concept boring. The show had a regime change for season eight, & peaked my curiosity. The new production team breathed much needed creative life into Smallville. The “freak of the week” storylines were now season long, serialized story arcs.

As excited as I was about last season, I can’t wait for the latest installment of the current season. The Zod/Kandorian storyline is kicking my ass. The Kandorians are an army from Krypton who are powerless. Clark is trying to integrate them into our society, while Zod is trying to get their powers back so he can use them to as tools for world domination. With the season finale next week, you know Zod has just succeeded & got the super powered Kandorians on board. Can’t wait!

3.365.037: Friday Fermented Feature – Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot
If you only watch one season of Smallville, then check out this year’s season 9.

Cheers!
5/9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment